Saturday, August 6, 2011

Have you hugged a designer today?

So I don't want anyone to think I was putting down b, or b's graphic designer last week. I used to be a graphic designer, and I know how it is. I've never designed for a newspaper though, so I would imagine it's a lot more stressful with the added pressure of super-stringent deadlines.

When you're a designer, people are always asking you to make more changes and add content at the last minute, and it gets to a point where you can only fit so much information on a page! Changes were being made to Strange City at the zero hour, so I get that there probably wasn't a lot of time available to make it look perfect.

That being said, this week it looks great! I'm happy with the size and it's all on one row. The colors aren't what I had hoped for, but that's entirely my fault (Brush tool + newsprint = muddier colors than I had anticipated.)

So anyway, take time to appreciate the graphic designer where you work today. I'd like to give a shout-out to b's designer, but I don't actually know her and that would probably be incredibly weird for everyone.

No comments: